8.17.2010

In the Shadow

August 17, 2010

I have mentioned before that Brant is Freddie's shadow. He follows his Daddy around wherever he goes whenever he can! Brant LOVES Freddie. A younger version of me would be seriously jealous at how much that boy adores that man! He would crawl into Freddie's body if he could, just to be closer to him. I cannot emphasize the extent of the affection that Brant has for Freddie. Human words are not enough.

Freddie realizes it, too, and is actually kind of afraid by it. He knows that his son is watching his every move waiting to mimic him. That's a lot of pressure on a person. Having kids is a big enough responsibility under normal circumstances. But this. It's more than either of us could have ever anticipated.

Our other children love Freddie, too. They even love me. But, there is something about the way that Brant sees Freddie that is like nothing else. It's the way that we should look at our heavenly Father. We should want to occupy the very same space that our Lord does. We should want to mimic His every move. We should want to be just like Him! Too often, we take the easy way. We don't work as hard as we should. We aren't as nice as we should be, or as patient, or forgiving. We should earnestly, diligently, and constantly "shadow" our heavenly Father! Unlike us, He is perfect. He will never make a false step or lead us astray. He will never fail us.

"For my part, I followed the Lord my God completely." Joshua 14:8

"Teacher, I will follow you no matter where you go!" Matthew 8:19

"All those who want to be my disciples must come and follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And if they follow me, the Father will honor them." John 12:26


No comments: