8.12.2010

Tropical Disturbance?

August 12, 2010

I don't watch the news much, but, I think that there was a tropical disturbance or something this week. They said it wasn't going to hit our area here, but, I think the weathermen got it WRONG! It hit right on our house and lasted for the past four days! Thank God our school week is over. I feel worn out right now from the difficult days of dealing with this storm (aka my youngest son). I tell you, that boy has got one of the strongest wills I have ever seen! He certainly gave me a run for my money when he was a toddler, too. I learned very quickly that it did not matter what I did to him, he was not gonna break! He was going to outlast you, even if you ripped his arm off and beat him with the bloody end. (Not that I ever did that, but I have had fantasies once or twice. Just kidding.) He would not shed one tear and he would definitely not back down! It has been a while since I have seen that side of him for this many days in a row. It makes for one whipped Momma.

I have had my share of practicing patience and tolerance this week. Notice, I said practicing. Sometimes I managed success by the skin of my teeth, other times the frustration turned into yelling. Once it gets to that point it is extra difficult to get the "attitude" back to a level conducive to learning. But, by the grace of God, we managed to complete all assignments, and did them fairly well, I might add.

What have I learned this week from my experience?
*The "terrible two's" CAN sneak up on you at any given time, well past age two.
*I am convinced that the weather has something to do with the disposition of little boys.
*I don't want to relive the "terrible two's".
*It's always better if I can keep my cool.
*Mommy's sometimes need a time-out, too.
*I still have a genuine love of homeschooling my children, no matter what.
*Next week will be better!

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us- they help us learn to endure." Romans 5:3

No comments: