10.13.2013

31 Days {day 13}

October 13, 2013

what's the hardest part of growing up?


This may come as a shock, but, I do remember being a kid.
It really wasn't all that long ago.
Okay. Who am I kidding?
It was a long time ago, but I still remember it.

I had a hard childhood.
I was somehow able to get through the war 
and the scars have healed rather nicely- all things considered.
My childhood looks very different from my kids'.
Even so, growing up can be difficult.

One of the hardest parts, I think, is learning who you really are.
It's one of the most difficult and arguably the most important.
We live in a world that tells us that we need to be skinny,
and tall, and academically superior.
We must be better at everything than everyone else.
But the truth is, we are not all meant to be skinny, or tall.
Some of us struggle to learn and some of us have two left feet.
It is important to realize that we were not all meant to excel in everything.
We were made with a purpose in mind by a perfect Creator.
We are important to Him.
Each one of our hairs are numbered- Matthew 10:29-31

When you're a kid, what everyone else thinks of you is so important.
Heck, some of us adults struggle with that, too.
As you get older, you learn by the school of hard knocks
that everyone else is not the authority in just who you should be, 
nor are they as {uh um} knowledgeable as you may have once believed.

It's important to search your deepest parts to figure out what you're good at.
You need to find your passion- what gets you excited and gives you energy.
And probably most importantly, you need to discover for yourself who God says you are,
and then, you need to believe it.
Don't compare yourself to anyone else.
You are a unique creation of your Father, the Most High King.
That makes you royalty!

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:9-11


1 comment:

Rebecca Matte said...

I am so glad you have found out who you are!! I always knew you were meant to be awesome!! But that is always something we have to find out about ourselves!!! Love you bunches!!