10.02.2013

31 Days [day 2}

October 2, 2013

i fear...

As a Christian, I know that God is in control of my life. 
To say that I never worry, or am fearful would not be accurate.
The thing is, I know that my God can, I'm just not always sure that He will.
I may be [and have been] asked to walk through some scary paths in my life.
My comfort is that God will always be with me. 
He will never leave me.

There are a few things that I fear God will ask me to face.
My prayer is that it never happens.
These are fears I refuse to voice, simply because I will not give life to those things.
With that being said, I still need to tell you what I fear.
Here goes...

1. ...bats. They are just creepy. I don't like them. They are ugly. And scary. Heaven help me. That is all. 

2. ...heights. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I am afraid of falling off of something from very high up. I guess this fear is more of falling than of actual heights. When I am up high and I peer over the edge my legs faint. It is the weirdest thing. I don't even have to be the one high up and close the the edge of something. If I see someone else in this predicament, I get sympathy fear and my legs will, again, faint!

3. ...being stuck in a small space. Claustrophobia. I've got that. BAD! I will panic like nobody's business if I feel like I can't move around enough to turn myself around and get out of whatever space I find myself in. If you need someone to crawl through a little tunnel or pipe or something, you are out of luck. I am not that girl. I will seriously lose it.

So, those are my fears. I hope that doesn't affect my SuperMom status. What are some of your fears?

"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2Timothy 1:7

"fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Fear not, therefore, you are of more value than many sparrows." Matthew 10:31

"in God I trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Psalm 56:11


No comments: