10.20.2013

31 Days {day 19 & day 20}

October 20, 2013

{day 19} how did you feel the moment you became a parent?


My road to becoming a mother was  long and difficult one.
I've always wanted babies- lots of babies for as long as I can remember.
However, getting to that point was not as easy for Freddie & I as it is for most.
We struggled for 6 years with infertility.

The moment my first born child was placed in my arms was surreal.
I remember thinking, "Wow. This is it. I'm really a mom. She's my baby."
She looked so perfect.
Her face was round and smooth and perfectly pink.
{the photos of those first few moments look very different from what my eyes saw}
I kissed her. And I loved her.
I felt confident that I could take care of her well.
It's almost as though I started to live that day.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." Psalm 127:3-5

{day 20} describe 3 significant memories from your childhood


1. I remember that my mom would let me dip my kid-sized play mop in her mop bucket. It made me feel so grown up. I wanted so badly to clean house like her. I always was so jealous that her dirt pile was always so much bigger than mine. 

2. At CHRISTmas we would decorate our tree with our usual ornaments and colored blinking lights. Then, we would put silver icicles on the tree. Momma always wanted them placed neatly and strategically. But Dad would throw them with us on the tree- the thicker the better! It was so much fun and we absolutely LOVED how the tree looked when it was drowned in icicles.

3. One year for CHRISTmas we were at my grandmother's house for our annual family get-together. Only this year, when we got home, we discovered that Santa had passed while we were gone. This made my doubting mind wonder, but then I remembered that Dad and my uncles had left for a little while to go the store for something. 

*In order to keep it real, I combined {days 19 & 20} because they were both written today.

No comments: