10.08.2013

31 Days {day 8}

October 8, 2013

what are 5 passions that you have?


  1. I have a passion for my kids. It's amazing how much one person can love another person. When I look at them, each one of them, I see so much awesome-sauce pulsing through their veins. I can almost see their souls. I know each of them so well that I can tell with precision what each nuance means. It's as though I might be able to physically touch their intentions. And I almost need their breath for my own. They are my past- the longing for them to fill the empty spaces. The are my now- besides the worship of my Father, all that I do includes them. They are my future- I am excited for what's to come when they grow up and venture out on their own journeys- which I really hope includes a bunch of grandchildren.
  2. I have a passion for what I do for a living. I don't get paid with a check, but what I get is even better. My heart is at home. It is within these walls that I create our space. It's personal. It's safe. It's crazy. It's us. It's where we fight, and love, it's where are roots are planted and where we bloom. It's where we walk around in our underwear. We gather here to work, to play, to relax, to be. It's consistent yet ever changing to meet our needs. It's our soft place to fall.
  3. I have a passion for my husband. I have a love for him that brings tears to my eyes even as I type these words. I don't often think of him as being separate from me. He is part of who I am. He loved me when I did not know how to love myself. He has pushed me beyond the limits I had created in my mind. He's demanded more of me than I would have been able to do otherwise. He makes me better.
  4. I have a passion for service. I love to feel useful. I really enjoy helping others.
  5. I have a passion for God. Recently, I have come to realize that there is nothing that I can do to earn my salvation. I can never, not ever, be a good enough Christian. No amount of love or service or sacrifice is going to get me to Heaven. It is only by the blood of Jesus Christ that I will get there one day. His grace covers me daily. His mercy is poured into me. I am oozing with gratefulness and love and humility at the perfect Love He has for me. I will never be able to express in human words what I feel inside when I think of God, or talk to God, or hear from God.  I pray that others might see HIM in me and want It for themselves. Fill me Lord with YOU! 
"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:30

No comments: