10.07.2013

31 Days {day 7}

October 7, 2013

what is your dream job and why?


I am so glad you asked! I have known pretty much what I wanted to be when I grew up since I was a wee child.

After high school I got married right away. My husband was in the Navy and so we packed up the few things we received as wedding gifts and moved 900 miles as far east as the road would go. I was half-way across the country from everyone I knew and my new husband was often deployed for weeks at a time. I tell you we had the CLEANEST apartment in Florida! A girl can only clean so much, so I enrolled in school and got a degree in Travel & Tourism and began a professional career as a Travel Consultant. But, in my heart, I knew there was a greater plan. I worked hard. I waited- sometimes rather impatiently. But, finally, on April 7, 1999 I got that big promotion I had been waiting on my whole entire life! I became a mom! But not just any mom, I was able to be a stay-at-home mom. Well, at first it was a work-at-home mom. Anyway that's irrelevant.

My dream job is, was, and always will be to be a wife & mommy. Why? Well, it just is. It has been my heart for as long as I can remember. It's all I have ever wanted to do or be. I am passionate about my family. Even before they were my family. It's what I feel like I was called to do. I am not the best mom or wife. Although, I have gotten to be sort of good at it with years of practice. The thing is, I try real hard. I want to make this time in their lives full of great memories for my kids. I want our house to be home. Forever. We all want that, right? I am blessed to be able to spend so much time with my kids. I absolutely love seeing them grow from infant to toddler to child to human being. {I'm not saying that littles are not human- they just don't always act human. wink, wink I kid. Sort of.} It drives me crazy crazier many days. Some days, I wish I could just quit. But, mostly I am grateful for the privilege to be his wife & their mom- day in and day out. Guts and all. 

"An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens. She considers a field and buys it; with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard. Sh dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong. She perceives that her merchandise is profitable. Her lamp does not go out at night. she puts her hands to the distaff, and her hands hold the spindle. She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet. She makes bed coverings for herself; her clothing is fine linen and purple. Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them; she delivers sashes to the merchant. Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs a the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her pf the fruit of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates." Proverbs 31:10-31


No comments: